You’ve ordered the tea, anxiously anticipating the help, and now you’re wondering what to do. The main goal for this tea is for you to produce more breast milk. Obviously.
The tea comes in two parts: First, the loose leaf tea base, Oasis Prolactation Tea which contains alfalfa, chamomile and blessed thistle. The second part is the Power Booster, a blend of fennel seeds and fenugreek powder.
It’s important to read the directions on page three and the recipes on page two so you can maximize the tea uses.
My favorite is soaking the tea and powder in a tea ball and adding 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk. It’s yummy and relaxing.
In order for you to maximize the benefits of this tea, follow the directions below:
- Enclosed, you will find 4 ounces of Oasis ProLactation Tea Blend and 8 ounces of Oasis ProLactation Power Booster. You will need a teaspoon to further measure out correct amounts.
- The easiest way to make your tea is to purchase a tea ball or tea infuser at your local grocery store or neighborhood Starbucks. Take your tea ball and fill it with one teaspoon of the loose leaf tea and one teaspoon of Power Booster.
- Boil one and a half cups of water. Add the tea ball to the water and let soak for five to seven minutes. Your base tea will be ready to drink. Since this is a loose leaf tea, some people will filter it twice by emptying the tea ball and straining the tea drink through the tea ball an extra time to remove particles of tea that might have escaped.
- Some people who do not enjoy the taste of the Power Booster will simply place the mixture on their tongue and swallow it, chasing it with a glass of juice, much like one would swallow a teaspoon of sugar to get rid of hiccups (Caution: this makes me gag!). There is some research that suggests the herbs will have the greatest effect this way. Please note, your body might smell maple-like after drinking the tea for 24 hours.
- When making your tea, you can start with 1/4 teaspoon of Power Booster while you’re getting used to it. Then gradually increase it to one teaspoon. There are many ways to take your medicinal teas. See the recipe section for lots of other ideas.
- Drink this brew three times a day to get the optimum effect. Try drinking it an hour before you need it the most.